Do you wish to gain weight?
Just like there are many health problems associated with obesity, an underweight person is also prone to many diseases and disorders. However, there are several
natural home remedies one can use to gain weight. One way to put on weight is consuming more calories than what you can burn. However make sure you choose healthy foods to add calories. Given below are some home remedies those who are underweight can use to gain weight.
Being Underweight can have the following causes:
Thinness due to an inadequate caloric intake is a serious condition, especially in young people. An extremely low calorie intake is generally associated with eating disorders such as bulimia and anorexia.
- Bad eating habits such as skipping meals, small meals, habitual fasting, and inadequate exercise can also cause it.
- Inadequate digestion and absorption of food
- Metabolic disturbances such as an overactive thyroid
- Hereditary tendencies.
- Chronic dyspepsia
- Chronic diarrhoea
- Presence of intestinal worms
- Liver disorders
- Diabetes mellitus
- Sexual disorders
- Easily fatigued
- Poor physical stamina
- Low resistance to infection.
- Feelings of lethargy and listlessness
- Lower energy levels
- Inadequate muscle strength
- All refined foods such as products containing white flour and sugar should be avoided, as they destroy health.
- A Regular exercises like walking, dancing, yoga, meditation, and massage are also important as they serve as relaxants, reduce stress, and induce good sleep. -Yoga postures which are especially helpful are sarvangasana, halasana, and matsyasana
Underweight Home Remedies:
- Musk Melon (Kharbuja): Musk melon is one of the most effective home remedies for thinness. If the melon cure is properly carried out, a rapid gain in weight can usually be achieved. In this mode of treatment, only musk melons are taken three times during the day for forty days or more. In the beginning, only three kilograms of melons are taken daily for three days. Then the quantity is increased by one kilogram daily till it is sufficient to appease the hunger. Additionally, you can follow this method for just a week or so, before including other fruits and vegetables in your diet for variety. -Nuts: One of the simplest ways to gain weight fast is to add a handful of crushed nuts to your meals and this method can be used by both men and women. Nuts are rich in several fats and vitamins and will help you to increase your weight in a healthy manner. You can also include crushed flax seeds in your meals as they are rich in omega fatty acids.
- Figs (Anjeer): Figs are an excellent remedy for increasing weight in case of thinness. The high percentage of the rapidly assimilable sugar in this fruit make it a strengthening and fattening food. Three dried figs soaked in water should be taken twice daily
- Raisins: Raisins are a good food for those who wish to gain weight. Thirty grams a day may be taken for this purpose
- Nutrients: Nutrients which help to keep the nerves relaxed are of utmost importance as nervousness causes all the muscles to become tense, and the energy which goes into the tensing wastefully uses up a great deal of food. The most important once are vitamin D and B6,calcium, and magnesium. The richest sources of vitamin D are milk, cod-liver oil, and rays of the sun. Calcium is supplied by milk and yoghurt. Magnesium can be obtained from green leafy vegetables such as spinach, parsley, turnip, radish, and beet tops. These vegetables should, preferably, be taken in salad form or should be lightly cooked.