What is Cancer ?
Cancer is a group of more than hundred diseases characterized by out-of-control cell growth. Most cancers are named for the organ or type of cell in which they start. All cancers begin in cells. The body is made up of many types of cells. Normal body cells grow, and divide in a controlled way to produce more cells, needed to keep the body healthy. When cells become damaged or old, they die and are replaced with new cells. Sometimes this orderly process goes wrong because of change or damage to genetic material (DNA) of cells. This can lead to permanent change (mutation) in the DNA sequence of a gene that affects normal cell growth and division. When this happens, the cell doesn’t die like it should. Instead, this cell goes on making new cells that the body does not need. Natural cures for cancer can put a stop to this. Damaged cells may divide uncontrollably to form lumps or masses of tissue called tumors. Not all tumors are cancerous; tumors can be benign or malignant.
Benign, refers to a tumor which does not have the potential to spread to other parts of the body. They can be removed, and they do not come back in most cases.
Malignant tumors are cancerous. They can spread or metastasize to other parts of the body. Some cancers such as leukemia of the bone marrow and blood do not form tumors.
Broadly speaking, cancers can be divided into major categories.
- Carcinoma: Carcinoma is a cancer that begins in the skin or in tissues that line or cover body organs.
- Sarcoma: A sarcoma is a type of cancer that develops from certain tissues, like bone or muscle.
- Leukemia: Leukemia is cancer of the body's blood-forming tissues, including the bone marrow and the lymphatic system.
- Lymphoma and myeloma: Lymphoma is a type of cancer that develops in the lymphatic system.
- The lymphatic system is part of the body's immune system that helps the body fight disease and infection.
- Central nervous system cancers: Cancers that begin in the tissues of the brain and spinal cord.
Cancer Causes :
There is no single cause for cancer, but certain factors can lead to the development of cancer:
- Poor diet, nutrition deficiencies, poor digestion and detoxification, stress, a weak immune system, and environmental toxins.
- Others include, genetic flaws, toxic liver, viruses and other infections and lack of exercise.
- Certain medical therapies, (such as synthetic hormone replacement related to breast cancer) can also cause cancer.
There are so many symptoms of cancer, and a few of them are mentioned below:
- A change in bowel habits, persistent cough or blood-tinged saliva, unexplained anemia, blood in the stool, and breast lump or breast discharge.
- Other symptoms include change in urination, lumps in the testicles, blood in urine, none-healing sores, indigestion, weight loss, and virginal bleeding.
- The best alternative for these symptoms are natural cures for cancer.
- Tobacco use is the single greatest avoidable risk factor for cancer mortality worldwide, causing an estimated 22% of cancer deaths per year.
- Dietary modification is another important approach to cancer control. Diets high in fruits and vegetables may have a protective effect against many cancers. Conversely, excess consumption of red and preserved meat may be associated with an increased risk of colorectal cancer.
- Regular physical activity and the maintenance of a healthy body weight, along with a healthy diet, will considerably reduce cancer risk.
- Cancer prevention includes protection from certain viral infections. Talk to your doctor about immunization.
- Regular self-exams and professional screening for various types of cancers — such as cancer of the skin, colon, prostate, cervix and breast — can increase your chances of discovering cancer early, when treatment is most likely to be successful. Ask your doctor about the best cancer screening schedule for you.
- Wheat grass: Drinking Wheat grass juice everyday morning is a very helpful remedy which reduce cancer effects and also prevents cancer.
- Juicing: It is an established fact that juices are rich source of vitamins and nutrients. Freshly obtained juice from fruits like apple, banana, mango, cherries etc must be given to the cancer patients in a routine manner. This aids in boosting the immune system of the individual making them strong enough to fight the incoming pathogens.
- Aloe Vera: This herb can be consumed raw in the form of jelly. It is effective against prostate and lung cancer.
- Grapes: Grapes contain a compound called as proanthocyanidins that reduce the body’s estrogen production. This leads to effective treatment of lung, prostrate, colon and breast cancer.
- Bael: Drinking Beal juice or eating Beal pulp is beneficial in blood cancer and bone cancer.
- Cauliflower: Drinking cauliflower juice in the morning helps to prevents and reduce cancer effects.
- Carrot: Drinking carrot juice twice a day empty stomach helps to reduce cancer effects . Carrot juice mixed with small quantity of spinach (palak) juice taken everyday also helps to reduce cancer effects.
- Useful home food: Using cabbage, cauliflower, lemon, carrot, sweet lime (Mosambi), lentils(sabut dals) regularly in meals prevents and reduce cancer effects .
- Durva: Drinking Durva (Dub ,a grass used worship lord ganesha)juice with honey regularly reduces cancer effects.
- Tamarind: Being a good source of antioxidants, tamarind helps fight against cancer. Use Tamarind leaves, fruits and bark in different ways to cope up with Cancer.
- Holy basil: Chewing 3-5 Basil (Tulsi) leaves everyday morning helps to prevent all type cancer .
- Broccoli: Broccoli is found to be good against certain kinds of colorectal cancers. These should be taken in the form of sprouts. These act as anti-oxidants and contain enzymes that aid in detoxification of body.
- Green Tea: Prepare herbal green tea by boiling some amount in a glass of water till it reduces to half. This has anti-inflammatory properties and is very effective against breast, prostate, liver, pancreatic and skin cancer.