Bronchitis Causes :
- Bronchitis is generally caused by a virus such as those that cause the common cold and influenza. It is therefore common to develop bronchitis as a secondary infection which follows flu-like symptoms, or is accompanied by them.
- Certain bacterial infections.
- Environmental irritants such as cigarette smoke, pollution, dust, and chemical fumes.
- Some people are also more at risk of developing bronchitis such as the elderly, people with a lowered immune system, those who are continuously exposed to lung irritants (such as smoke), and people working in certain occupational settings.
- Chest discomfort
- Cough that produces mucus; if it's yellow-green, you are more likely to have a bacterial infection
- Fever -- usually low
- Shortness of breath worsened by exertion or mild activity
- Avoid cigarette smoke. Cigarette smoke increases your risk of chronic bronchitis.
- Avoid exposure to irritants. Proper protection in the workplace is vital to preventing exposure.
- Avoiding long exposure to air pollution from heavy traffic may help prevent bronchitis.
- Onion: Take half table spoon fresh onion juice daily to get relief from Bronchitis.
- Turmeric: Mix one tea spoon of turmeric powder in one or two cup of milk and give to bronchitis patient. This will give relief.
- Tea: The tea prepared with small amount of ginger, cloves and black pepper powder and have to get relief.
- Cabbage: Drink fresh cabbage juice daily as it is proven as one of the best home remedy to treat Bronchitis.
- Orange juice: The good home remedy for initial stage of Bronchitis patient is to be on orange juice and water for at least couple of days.
- Honey and Ginger :A teaspoonful of honey and ginger juice dissolved in 150 ml of hot water will cause expectoration of trapped phlegm.
- Mixture: Add 1 teaspoon of sesame seeds, with a teaspoon of linseed, a pinch of common salt, and a teaspoon of honey. Take this mixture at night for treating of chronic bronchitis.